Governance of an organisation should be steered by ethical and effective leadership that cultivates a climate of integrity, responsibility, accountability, fairness and transparency.
The King IV™ Report on Corporate Governance* is the guiding code on governance in South Africa. Although a voluntary set of codes, it is encouraged for all entities and a requirement for all JSE-listed companies.
We at Kilgetty are able to assist your organisation in harnessing the benefits of corporate governance with the interpretation and disclosure of practices, principles and governance outcomes as per King IV™. We assess your organisation’s governance status and assist the governing board / executive management in achieving its specific governance outcomes with the implementation of a governance framework in proportion to the organisation’s size and resources.
Our services include:
- Conducting a governance ‘completeness review’ and ‘gap analysis’;
- Assessing and benchmarking your governance practices against best practice;
- Assist companies in ensuring adequate disclosures are made in terms of their reporting requirements in accordance with King IV;
- Building a sound governance framework which includes the development of Terms of References for Boards and Committees; and
- Training on good governance practice.
The Governance Instrument (GI) is a digitally mature product facilitating the management of an organizations governance, as well as from the collated information, to publish the related Reports that provide Stakeholders assurance and comfort of its ‘good governance’.
Access the Governance Instrument here
* “The King IV Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa 2016, Copyright and trademarks are owned by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa” and the IoDSA website link is: http://www.iodsa.co.za/?page=AboutKingIV”